Friday, November 18, 2011

Can't Be Bothered to Cook Green Drink

Lately I have become quite lazy about cooking for myself, but always feel better when I eat my greens. It took awhile, but I have perfected the recipe for the best green drink around. It sounds way weird and most people turn up their noses when I tell them about it or they look at it, but upon tasting it, across the board people say, "Oh, that's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be." Then they take another sip and go further, "Well, that's not bad at all." With yet another drink, they admit, "You know I could get to like this!" and then they empty their glass (which had 'just a taste' to begin with) and often want more. The body knows what's good for it!

I recently started adding avacado SEED to it. Whaaaaaat? A dear friend of mine who is a naturopath introduced me to this. The reason you put the seed in your guacamole so it won't turn brown is that it is a super strong anti-oxidant - anti-oxidants are what all the anti-aging hype suggests we ingest to keep our bodies eternally young! Isn't that brilliant? It's a bitter to chew, but just cut off a piece and throw it in.
 
Now I never measure anything, so I'll try to come close, but try various amounts until you find what is most delicious to you! I am BIG fan of ginger, so I use more than what most people would like.

Put the following organic ingredients in a blender and whiz the devil out of it.

2 cups fresh spinach - loosly packed
1 stalk celery
1/2 c parsley
1/3 cucumber (I like the Persian or hot house kind)
1/2 inch ginger (peeling not necessary)
1 whole lemon (cut the yellow skin off and leave the rest)
little chunk of avocado seed 
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2/3 C water
stevia (NuNaturals) to taste
1TBS Flax seed oil


optional:
dash trace minerals
magnesium oxide (keeps everything moving!)
kelp

1 comment:

  1. Donna Lou, I think that you are just awesome. But I couldn't drink that much of a smoothie in a week. I might try to scale that down to my one serving cup but that is a lot of ingredients. I do agree with you that I feel better when I get my greens.

    ReplyDelete